Sunday, May 08, 2005

They Think I'm Dating My Best Friend's Husband

Two years ago I was in love with a Mexican boy here. He wasn't in love with me,(or maybe he was, it remains a mystery) but his family adored me. I became best friends with his sister, and very close to his mom, and we all spent a year a half trying to get me and this guy together.

It was pretty sad, and painful, and things just didn't work out. But me and the mom and the sister had been through so much, we have always continued our friendship.

They were there for me for my surgery, and ever since I came back to Mexico in January, I've been thinking about them and missing them. I've even had dreams about them, inspired by the guilt I was feeling for not calling the house.

But the house is where the brother lives, and the other super-gossipy sister live, so I just prefer not to call.

I noticed I had recieved a few phone calls from that house last week. I called back, one day when I had just gotten home, shortly after the call had come in. The mother answered and was very short with me.

I just thought she was upset because I had taken 3 months to call them. We talked, and I just kept apologizing, and telling her how much I missed them. She finally softened up a bit, and we got off the phone. I told her to please tell my friend to call me, that I really want to talk to her.

A few days ago, I finally thought to text-message her husband, to ask him to tell her to call me. He messaged me back, "I can't. Everyone thinks you and I are seeing each other." I was in cold shock. I just kept thinking, what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck.... A half hour later he called me to explain.

Apparently a neighbor says they saw me and him together in the Zona Rosa, and everyone believes this, and my friend is mad, and hates me, because she believes it too.

This is a nightmare - this person I loved so much, thinks I have betrayed her in the worst manner possible, and I haven't done a thing, besides think about her and miss her.

I decided not to do anything. First of all, I haven't done anything in the first place and secondly, if they can really believe this of me, then I don't think I need their friendship.

Last night I recieved my first prank call. Someone called from a public phone around 11:30. I answered, and they didn't talk. I hung up, and they called again, and said, "I know who you are seeing, " I just said "I'm not seeing anyone." They said that wasn't true, and started telling me about how I'm a ZORRA and how I like to do this and this and I hung up.

*sigh* What a fucking sad mess.

No comments: