Saturday, May 28, 2005

I Make Clothes Now, Too.



Originally uploaded by La Zoila.
I've been wanting to make clothes - I've done so much sewing on my machine, making the accessories, making clothes seemed like a logical and natural step. Since I'm such good friends with my sewing machine now...!

I've made a few simple things, but this skirt really suprised me. I love it, and it loves me, and ... like, it has a zipper and stuff!

Now that I've worn it a few times, I can see some mistakes and things to work on. Like the fabric is really stretchy - so that hot tight fit you see in my pictures goes away after a few hours of walking and sitting. So I think I have to put lining in, so it won't lose it's form. And the waist is too high, and it won't stay there.

Meanwhile, I'm so happy!

PS I know I haven't blogged in a while, and I'm sorry, I just can't keep it up. I may just blog from Flickr from now on, it's actually easier!

No comments: