Saturday, February 19, 2005

All Alone

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usWell, I'm all alone in my house, and I'm acting like it. I can walk around semi- clothed, I can play music loudly and not have to take anyone else into consideration, and I can be a slob. Ughh.. it's amazing how one can deteriorate so quickly and completely...

But today I'm working. I have gotten myself involved in some things, and I have to sew sew sew. And daylight hours really provide the best light. So I'm trying to knock some stuff out.

I'm helping a friend of mine, who's making clothes inspired by and as a tribute to Pita Amor. At the moment, I'm sewing beads onto the bottom of a skirt, "Yo soy bonita cuando quiero y fea cuando debo", words of Pita. I don't know much about her, but apparently she was quite outrageous.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Of course, I think I have bit off more than I can chew, just because this is a bigger project than my wrist cuffs... I mean, this is ALOT of sewing, toooo many stiches.

But hey! The plan is to get this stuff in some fashion magazines, so ... who knows, with a little luck, I may doing more creative work, AND getting paid for it! Strange things can happen... especially here in México, as I become accustomed to.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usI'm also trying to produce more wrist cuffs, since I still may get into Fusion, this art and design bazaar that happens every two months. I just sent my information in, after being informed that this week was the last week to be interviewed. They haven't contacted me yet... either it's too late, or it's not really a big deal. I don't know though, so I am frantically trying to produce some stuff! I have about two weeks before the bazaar.

I think it's best to get in, even if I only have a little bit of stuff. Then I'm in, and I'll have 2 more months to prepare for the next one.

I'm restless... it´s a beautiful day and I'm so tired of seed beads.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usI made nopalitos with lowfat queso manchego for lunch. I think after I do this... oh, yeah, and wash dishes(!!!!) I will leave the house for awhile.

Also, the guy has been on my mind. He was really rude to me last week, so I left in a huff. And he's called me like 2 or 3 times this week, but I haven't been home. I'm annoyed, yet pleased that he's calling.

I'm just going to be really mean to him when he calls. Grrr.

2 comments:

Gerson Obrajero said...

mmmmm... nopales with manchego, I never have eaten this two things togheter, It must be cool.

Good blog's name!

See ya

V said...

You know, it might have been better, but the manchego was lowfat=no taste. *sigh* I bought it to be on a diet... but I think I'd rather just suffer and eat NO CHEESE, than to try to compromise with low-fat.

I'm glad you like my title! It's a little more positive than La Vida DFectuosa, ¿no?