Friday, February 25, 2005

New Fish on the Hook

I have an ad on Match.com. I've received many responses over the past 4 months, but since I'm a picky bitch(and since over two-thirds of the interested fellows are 40+ or don't have fotos, I haven't responded back.

Of the few that I dared respond back to, many of them never answered me. I was left wondering... Okay, you liked me, but I wrote you back, and ... now you don't like me? Or your wife found out about your interet dating?

I was corresponding with one, for about a month. We exchanged several, longish letters, talked on the phone for AT LEAST an hour and a half 3 times before we met. He was coming on strong, saying lovely things like how sweet I must be, and how he really likes this about me, blah blah blah.

Our first phone conversation he even dared to say "Wow... we know so much about each other...!" I was like, um, no, we don't. That was a signal.

We met, had food and coffee, and he sent me on my way, with a "We'll be in touch" I was disappointed, and totally annoyed. Of course, I haven't heard from him since, and he can take his Phd'd-35-year-old-talks-about-ex-too-much self and go suck on an egg.

However, someone new is interested in getting to know me. I actually wrote him first, and he responded enthusiatically. Here's a little excerpt from his most recent email:

"Me encanta tu manera de expresarte, y tus intereses son tan similares a los míos... si tú quieres, me encantaría conocerte más. Escríbeme pronto para contarme más de tí, si?"

Blues guitar is his passion, he studied drawing, painting, philosophy, theology... ah, but for family reasons, he studied medicine. Wow.

Online Dating Rule #1: Don't fall in love (or even get interested!) with the virtual person. You have to meet and see if there's chemistry.

So, I'm going to suggest in my next letter that we just cut to the quick, and meet.

2 comments:

Gerson Obrajero said...

Sometimes, it seems so easy falling in love on the web... there's some kind of mistery but...

No hay nada como las relaciones reales, y la cercanía del otro. :)

Saludos y gracias por pasar

V said...

Sí, parece facil, hasta muy prático, porque ves la foto y los datos, etc. Pero al fin de cuentas es la química que decida todo:)