Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Being a landlord sucks... !

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usWell, I rent a house, and I've furnished the spare bedrooms, and I rent them out to other people, and so I make a little bisnes and it really helps cut down on the bills. It´s not always so easy though.

Like this girl I saw last week. She had emailed me like 3 times, urgently asking about the room. We meet, she seems really interested, and tells me she really wants the room. Of course, she didn´t bring the deposit money, but we agree to meet up soon to do the deal and exchange the cash.

I didn't even like her. I figured I would learn to love her, and she probably wasn't as horribly insecure as I thought, and I figured she needed the room, and I need the money, so it's all good.

My roomate who is leaving found something right away, so I email the girl, asking if she would like to move early, for less than half a month's rent. She emails me today:

Hi Victoria --

I was going to email you today -- strange timing. I am sorry to do this, but a house-sitting gig fell into my lap over the weekend, and we just finalized the details today. I just can't pass up a free place to live -- but I am very sorry to drop you like this. I know that it is a pain in the ass -- especially now that your roommate is leaving early.

Again, I am sorry. I hope that someone else turns up soon!
Sally.


Yes, Sally... what strange timing! It must have been destiny! Thanks for being sorry... that makes me feel a helluva lot better. Sensitive and hearfelt. Grrrr...

No comments: