Monday, February 14, 2005

Recycled Memories

I don't have anything new at the moment... but since I've just made the switch from one blog-thing to this blog-thing, and I have several posts on the original one... well, I thought I'd just recycle. I'm not going to share my original blog-thing, just pull the entries I was more pleased with.

Like for example, the day I went to the Lagunilla with the guy I'm seeing. The Lagunilla is a tianguis (swap-meet) that's on Sundays. Alot of people go there to shop, and some people just go there to party.

Secret worlds were also revealed to me.

I met some people he knows, including this girl. She seems really cool, and we are pleased to realize we live 5 minutes from each other.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

In Mexico City, meeting someone out of the blue who lives in your colonia is like destiny. Well, it felt like that, since her I really hit it off. We got to talking, and after a bit, she asked me if I had to go to the bathroom. after so much beer, I was dying to go. She takes me through the bustle and noise of the tianguis through this big metal door.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usOn the other side is silence, peace and dust. We have to pay 5 pesos each to this guy who guards the place, and she takes me up a staircase. She explains to me that the buildings we are looking at are some of the oldest neighborhoods in DF, and that most of them here are now used for storage for the tianguis. I am enchanted.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: