Tuesday, March 29, 2005

A Few Good Roomates...

Alcoholic Roomie hit me up for a little chat the moment he got home last night.

He was very earnest and serious (quite like the way he was when we first met!) and he told right off the bat that he was leaving the house, as soon as possible. Why? Because he doesn't want to make more problems for me, because he doesn't want "ruin" our friendship, and - oh! - his cantina back home has been shut down, because of a murder, and there may be dire legal consequences because the business is in his name.

Also, he has no money, but I can keep the (already spent!) deposit, and he'll be gone in a few weeks.

He asked me if I had anything to say. I thought about it, and told him, "No."



I've already received over 5 inquiries about the room-for-rent posts I made on Sunday, so I'm feelin´ optimistic.

I've been looking for advice on how to interview and select a good roomates, and I've found several interesting lists of questions.

I found a very helpful article as well, that very casually mentions some of the best advice I've seen yet:

Check out their body language. Excessive twitching, scratching or sweating may be signs of unpleasant personal habits to come.

No comments: