Saturday, April 16, 2005

Bad Dreams

OH! Oh! It couldn't be possible, but it happened. Yesterday morning I woke up from a nightmare about MY ALCOHOLIC ROOMIE! Only he was the EX-ROOMIE in my dream.

In my dream:
I had come home really late, and gone straight to bed. In the morning, I got up and was astounded to find 4 Indian businessmen asleep in my living room. There was another bedroom (one that doesn't exist) full of a few other international businessmen. I was distressed, but DRUNK ex-roomie was there to provide his explanation.

It was no big deal he explained, he had been out drinking with these fellows, and since they had no place to go, he brought them back to my house. It seemed very logical and natural to him.

I was livid, I remember screaming at him "PERO COMO ENTRASTE....? ¿SACASTE COPIA DE LA LLAVE...?!!!!!!!!!!" And he very nonchalantly answered, "Sí, pero, es que me convenía..."

Oh, it was horrible. But my dream is a very accurate relection of how it felt to deal with him. He was capable of ANYTHING while drinking, and as long as it suited himself, nothing else mattered. Then, to top it all off, he'd make ME feel like the crazy one.

UPDATE: I almost had a heart attack today because Ex-Roomie called to check in with me about his stuff he has in the patio. He started explaining how he still didn't have anyplace to go live, and for a half a second I thought he was going to ask if he could sleep on the sofa tonight. Now I understand why I'm still having bad dreams about this.

No comments: