Wednesday, April 06, 2005

They're Tryin to Scam Me!

I've been getting a few inquiries a day about the room I have for rent. Some of them are just wierd, but there's reasons why. Today I got this:

From : JANE MARK
Sent : Wednesday, April 6, 2005 2:30 PM
To : coyolxautli@hotmail.com
Subject : HIGHLY INTERESTED IN YOUR APARTMENT

Hi
Am JANE MARK,i saw your house and am ready to rent and abide with all rules and regulation you want me to.Am a cool and a nice lady of 28years,i work with UNICEF as a social worker and am currently working for UNICEF in east africa called sudan now.

Am interested in your apartment and i would like to rent it as soon as possible because am coming for my holiday which may take atleast 3months and am ready to pay for it now.

Please send your full name and address and i would tell my personal assistant to send a cheque in your name and you would cash the cheque and deduct your money and send the change through western union to my personal assistant.

Please send all this information as soon as you see this message.I need the house now and am ready to pay for it now.Pls Reply now.

JANE MARK

Apart from the funny english and the insistence that I respond NOW, I'm thinking... She's going on a vacation in Mexico City for that "may take at least 3 months"? From Sudan? And she's ready to send me the money ASAP?

The best part is where I have to send the difference from the big "cheque" they send me back to them Western Union. Now that's FISHY.

I'm not alone, however. Check
this out.

No comments: