Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Found Furniture

I found this credenza thing on the corner in front of my house. You can see, it looked like shit, but none of it's legs were broken, nor any important parts, like the main shelves.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The drawers from the middle section were gone, and also the two cabinets used to have doors that opened. Still, whaddya I care? I have no furniture, no shelves, no place to put stuff besides the floor - And I have alot of stuff!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This is after I sanded and painted everything a bit. Since the top is particle board, and really badly damaged, I decided just to cover it with something. I decided making it look somewhat like cake frosting would be cool. However, I used "yeso" , which is very cheap, mixes with water, and IS NOTHING LIKE PLASTER OF PARIS, and not like what I call "gesso". The bag doesn't even say what it is, lime, gypsum or whatever.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

It looks beautiful, but the next day when it dried I realized the stuff was cracking and falling off, with the slightest movement. For moment I harbored the idea of just painting over it, and that maybe the paint would seal it, but then I realized, NO.

So I took all the yeso off. It took me like 5 minutes, I could practically sweep the stuff off.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I have already started with a new texture material, and this one is acrylic based;).

No comments: